Monday, March 10, 2014

Sunday


Philip and William arrived to find thick tension in the air. Alison was in the hall in a wheelchair. Apparently, she and her roommate had been fighting and Alison used the N word. Philip was able to mediate and the two reconciled. 

I arrived shortly after that. Alison's dinner was delivered. She ate some of it. I brought lobster bisque and butterscotch pudding. She ate some of that too. Philip and William got Alison in bed. She was complaining of an itch at the base of her spine and demanded that someone scratch it. I don't know if it's a burgeoning sore or a healing one.  Something to keep an eye on. 

She asked me to wash her hair so I did. She says she want to die (overdose). Kill me. 

We talked about her being nice (not using racial slurs) to get what she needs. She said the staff wants her dead. "That may be so but they won't kill you", I said. She seemed disappointed.  Is she trying to incense them as a means to an end??? "So you may as well be sweet so you can get what you need."  I can't believe the conversations we have. I left there feeling so icky this time.

She was happy/surprised to see Philip but her mood was really low. She half smiled/laughed only once. She was exhausted but stayed awake for her hair wash. She was totally coherent. 

She asked if I could come more. I can't. Hopefully Philip made it over again today.  It seems like between Mary Pat, Andy, and me, Alison is getting at least three visits a week that I know of.  

No comments:

Post a Comment