Thursday, April 10, 2014

Meds or Sleepy?

Have they increased Alison’s meds again? Or is it just sleepy. I worry the former given her weak swallowing and garbled communications:

Dawn and Mark went to see Alison on Sunday at noon but I do not know what happened during the visit.

When Amy went to see Alison late afternoon, she was drowsy and did not eat.

On Monday I got a text from Rolina of Caring Companions in response to a text asking for an update – “same, not as many of those episodes – just three.”

Mary Pat went on Friday and reported to me by phone that Alison ate only a bit and choked on it. She fell asleep a lot.

I got a text re Alison’s condition on Wednesday from Rolina, again in response to a text to her: “she was really drowsy and kept falling asleep when I tried exceeding (?a Siri word) with her. She said she wanted a sleeping pill because she can’t sleep at night.”

I went today and here is what I saw:
• Return of mumbling and garbled speech
• Kept eyes shut and dropped into sleep quickly
• Unable to swallow when asked to swallow.
• Ate only 4-5 spoonfuls of carrot juice and lobster bisque before I had to stop because of fear of choking
• Unable to cough to clear throat as if has forgotten how to do it.

The good news: except for Monday, no one has reported more seizure like behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment