Saturday, November 16, 2013

Finally Awake!!!

I had Aaron go by the hospital today at 4. Alison was asleep. We went back at 8pm and found her awake! Finally!  It's been a week since I've had this much interaction with her. 
- I can't move my legs. At all. I can barely move.
- Throw my trash away. Stop f***ing with me.
- You have the list in case I go somewhere? Reenie, my brother in law, peter. Off the face of this earth..
- They are moving me soon. 
- Do I look like I've lost weight? How much? A lot?
- call Reenie. 
- Do you promise you'll come tomorrow?

These are just a few of the things she said to me.  Her speech is difficult to understand. And she got very frustrated when I couldn't get it. Her thoughts seemed pretty clear though. She is sad about her situation...really upset about her lack of movement. 

Aaron told her a joke. She didn't laugh but she got it. Her sense of humor is somewhat lacking but her sarcasm (with Aaron at least) was intact. 

She has a pained (contorted) look on her face and was yelling out a little but was calm for the most part. She cried when I told her Andy had visited. She didn't know because she had been sleeping. She said, "She looks out for me".

No comments:

Post a Comment