Tuesday, November 26, 2013

"No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed"

Sunday night:

Alison was awake and alert. What a difference. I tried to explain that we have been concerned about her meds and that Reenie was looking into it. I said I wasn't sure what the doctor said. Alison said "No more monkeys jumping on the bed".  Haha. 

Although she was talking, funny, had just watched the Patriots game, wanted/did talk to Philip, she had lots of moments of nonsensical talk...mean team of nurses, needs to get in the hallway, help me get out of bed, where are you staying?,etc.

With more clarity though, she was able to tell me that she can't swallow and that she didn't want to do the swallow test because she wouldn't be able to do it. And that she wants to do PT so she can walk again. 

A good visit overall.

Fast forward to Monday. Mary Pat was going to visit. I couldn't wait to hear her reaction to seeing the new (old) Alison.  I was surprised and saddened to hear that Mary Pat said Alison was worse than the last time she saw her. In the almost 3 hours she was there, Alison could not wake up except to mumble "Help me!" periodically. 


No comments:

Post a Comment