Saturday, February 22, 2014

All Stable

Alison has moved back to her old room, 407A. While it is more cramped space, she does have her old roommate who watches over Alison and creates activity. It is still a pain to try to crank Alison's bed given the limited space. Let's see how the roommate situation goes....

After talking with Amy, I shared with Alison that Stella was in distress and was going to see a vet today. I explained that Stella could not move and it would be best to let her go. Per input from Amy, I shared how happy Stella had been these last few months with fellow dogs. Alison said that Stella would be happy to see K....(? a dog that had already passed). But she did cry. So we got up the courage and facetimed Stella to wish her well on her jounrey. Both Alsion and Amy are taking it bad.

They say Alison is eating her honey thick food PLUS getting a stomach peg feeding. When I saw Alison, she first asked if I had brought her butternut squash soup (a fav) or chocolate. I told her I brought lobster bisque and we still had aluette herbed chesse. Alsion would eat a bit of each, then her back would hurts so we would crank her bed flat, then she'd ask to eat again so we'd crank her back up. After about 5 of these up and downs, I told her more food would have to wait. I did raid the kitchen in the basement and have stocked the top drawer of Alison's chest of drawers with salt and pepper - please season her meal food whenever you have a chance. I got them to give me a container of the thickening powder to turn drinks into honey thick fluids -- the container has to be kept at the nurse's station and the cups are in her top drawer. Get OJ from the medicine cart or I squirrelled away 3 ginger ales into "an Alsion special foods paper bag" that is kept in the nursing area's refrigerator, ask for it. That is also where the aluete chesse and chocolate syrup are kept. As I left today, Alsion asked if she could "have some more?" Very Oliver Twist.

Other things: I have escalted my request to get Alison a real hair shampoo. Her scalp really needs a cleaning as it is now very crusty. Please also push teh facility to do this. Alison said that PT has been working with her. She showed how PT had asked her to lift her left arm with support from her right arm, and move her right leg. I suggested to Alsion that she wiggle her left toe even if she could(not yet) lift her left leg. Good news that PT is having Alsion work. BUT, Alison does NOT have a wheel chair yet. I am not sure if PT thinks that Alsion cannot sit in one because Alsion does not have the coordination to release a needed lap belt used to keep her from falling from the chair). Can someone talk on Monday with Lakshmi who runs PT to see how to move this forward? Alison, as I left, became frantic that they would not let her out of bed....

Amy plans to go Sunday afternoon. Mary Pat either Sunday or Monday. Sorry to be late with my blog from this morning!

The room needs a wall clock, she could do with socks. You know that LVOE is most important!

No comments:

Post a Comment