Friday, October 11, 2013

Eggs For Breakfast

Alison had eggs and graham crackers for breakfast!!!  She was very excited and proud.  She drank her pain medicine and swallowed about eight pills mixed with applesauce.

I brought a suitcase full of her stuff from South River.  She demanded that I throw her pink Crocs away.  She didn't want anything that was there or that they had touched.  I set up her cd player and left the beloved Hours.  I put a few pictures up and Andy's "You are loved" sign.  (Andy, I forgot the Grow Stronger sign at SR but Alison was asking for it.. She said she needed it.  Do you mind printing another one?)  I also left a tennis ball.  I wedge it behind her shoulder to alleviate pain/pressure.  She likes it.  And she has her reading glasses which work.  She read half a sentence, not very well but she could see.

She was in good spirits mostly.  She complained to the nurse about the applesauce.  I keep reminding her that she's not at the Ritz-Carlton...  She says if she has to go back to any nursing home, to just kill her.  I told her she will go back but we are trying to find her a better place.  She is mad at some of the staff at AAMC because they did not invite her to a going away party for one of the nurses.  She says she didn't want to go but she wanted to be invited.  She is convinced that they gave her triple the dosage of sedative so she would sleep while they partied.  Jingling keys are alarming to her.  She thinks it is glass breaking.  To witness the simultaneous presence of clarity and delusion is fascinating, disturbing, and entertaining all at the same time.

She wants her phone badly and keeps asking me for it.  I will bring it next time I go to see if she can use it.  I tried to get her to send Reenie an email from my ipad.  She had trouble trying to spell Reenie's name and quickly got frustrated.  I think this might be the case with her phone too.

I waited as long as I could for the doctor to come in but never saw him.  They are talking about taking the feeding tube out.

She cried/freaked out toward the end.  She can't bear the physical pain she is in.  (They had just given her pain medicine 20 minutes prior)  She says it's not fair and she hates that she is the only one who has to suffer.

She says she yells all night and that she has gotten in trouble with the nurses for keeping other patients awake at night.  Despite all the bad things she told me about the place, Alison is pretty content and, like I said earlier, is proud of her accomplishments.


No comments:

Post a Comment