Wednesday, October 16, 2013

How to motivate???

Alison started bawling when she saw me, saying she missed me so much. It took me a while to calm her down. Her stomach hurt (nausea) but she couldn't remember what she had eaten this morning. She wants to get out of the hospital. She says one of the nurses is mean to her. I asked her how is she mean. She said she doesn't talk to her. She just does her job. Ohhhh Alison:(

I told Alison the only way she will get out of bed and get her life back is if she does the work. She says she wants to get better but she doesn't want to do the work. It's too hard. I told her if she keeps refusing therapy, they will cut her off and then she will never get better.  "Turtle" she says.  She understands but she just isn't motivated.  I told her next time I come, we are going to talk about what she wants her life to look like and she can work toward making that happen because she is the only one who can control that. She said she wants to die again. I told her to will herself to die then. Then she said "I don't really want to die ".    "Then will yourself to get better."

She was so worked up and overwhelmed with self-pity. Who can blame her?  I turned out the lights, put on music, and made her do her stretches. When we finished I said "You just did the work!"  

They are moving the whole 5th floor of the hospital to the 3rd floor tomorrow (Thursday) so I'm not sure what her new room number will be. They are still trying to find placement for Alison. It looks like DC/Northern Virginia or Baltimore will be where she is headed. 

P.S.

BE QUIET
BREATHE DEEP

Andy posted this sign in Alison's room. Andy, you crack me up!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment