Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Reenie Visit and Request

I went to see Alison (and Reenie) today. Alison had eaten breakfast on her own but was asleep by the time I arrived. So Reenie and I got a chance to catch up. Reenie had long discussions yesterday with hospital staff and doctors. She and Jimmy are asking for selected Alison's meds to be titrated back to see how her cognition, swallowing, and physical movement improve.

Tomorrow is a big day. Reenie goes in front of the court to take over legal guardianship. With this, Reenie can restart the proceedings to get Alison covered under long term disability insurance. We will wait to see whether this improves Alison's placement in a rehab facility.

I need HELP. With the holidays, kids home from school, two family xmases etc, I will not be able to do my regular visits between now and the end of the year. Can others step in to visit Alison more often during this holiday season? Maybe text Amy when you are going in so she can coordinate visitors c 410-212-6707. Also send us notes from your visits that we can post to the blog on your behalf (ariedy@cox.net and amyprincipe@gmail.com.

I left Alison a Christmas carol CD so play it when you go! Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment