Monday, September 23, 2013

Glorious Sunshine

I took Alison outside to bask in the sunlight. She said it was fabulous and glorious. She was so sad today... lots of tears.  She feels humiliated that she has her diaper changed.  She has a bad rash on her bum and horrible neck pain. She wants to crawl out of her skin. I tried to stretch her out and massage her.  I just feel so helpless sometimes. I wish I could bring her more relief. 

One good thing is that she is able to express her feelings to the staff.  She told the woman changing her that she felt humiliated and that the cream she put on her stung. I thought that was really good that she is starting to communicate more clearly so they can understand what she needs.

I took her back to her room and she was disoriented. She kept saying "Is this my room?".  I felt horrible leaving her today. Usually by the time I leave, I have managed to make her more comfortable, calm, cheery, and settled. Today I was unsuccessful..except when we were out under the wisteria.  I promised her that Reenie would spend lots of time with her outside. :) She arrives tonight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment