Friday, September 6, 2013

Two Days Behind

These are notes from Wednesday..

We had another really good talk.  I told her how great she was doing and that she was making so much progress.  She asked "How can you tell?"  I explained that it was only five weeks ago that this all started.  She couldn't believe it.  She said it seemed a lot longer.

She cried a lot.  She wants her old life back and is dubious about her ability to recover.  

She was hanging out in her chair next to a dry erase board.  I wrote an A on it and asked her if she knew what it was.  She couldn't answer.  I drew a circle around it and asked again.  No response.  As I erased it I said "anarchy".  She got SOOO mad at me.  "Don't say that!!!"  She told me I was being mean.  "For asking you something you don't know or for saying anarchy?"  "Anarchy" she said.  I apologized and told her I would never intentionally try to hurt her and asked for forgiveness.  She forgave me.  It was intense.  She was really angry and hurt.  I'm not exactly sure why.

She wanted to know why she had been saved, why this was happening, everything happens for a reason.  Help me.  

In response to a story about Stella she said, "I love that dog".

She does not want a birthday party.

I asked if if she needed anything or wanted to tell me anything before I left.  She said I love you.


1 comment:

  1. My heart hurts. I am so glad she said she loves you and Stella, and so sad to hear about her emotions. I mean, they are completely normal and rational, but it just hurts to imagine her hurting so much. :(

    ReplyDelete