Tuesday, September 17, 2013

We Laughed, We Cried

Alison was in the chair today and they had put a CD on for her but it was too loud.  She told me she is very sensitive to sound and that the TV across the hall was driving her crazy.

She was sobbing today..probably the most emotional I have seen her yet.  She stiffened when the aide came in and said that particular aide was upset with her.  Alison apologized to me for getting upset.  I tried to reassure her that it was okay and encouraged her to express herself in any way she can.  The aide said that Alison had been quiet up until my arrival.  

She hates where she is but believes she can get better in time.  However, when PT came in, she completely shut down and tried to use the excuse that she was too medicated to do the work.  (Prior to Jennifer getting there, she was asking for "five Dilaudid". I told her they probably won't give her anything stronger than Percocet because it could interfere with her therapy).  Jennifer tried to get Alison to hold her bow.  No luck.  Tomorrow they will try standing her up again.

She wanted to be stretched.  I did my best.  They usually have her reclining in her chair and I always put her upright.  She likes that.  

She wanted to listen to music but couldn't think of what kind.

Still waiting to get a chest X-ray and swallow test and ultimately get her eating. 

Overall a good visit.  Despite the tears, we did laugh a lot:)








No comments:

Post a Comment